|Exercise||Set 1/Set 2||Duration||Rest|
|Lunge (Right & Left)||12/11 (23)||1:00||0:15|
|Swiss Ball Leg Curl||31/31 (62)||1:00||0:15|
|Russian Twist (upper body)||26/32 (58)||1:00||0:15|
|Pull ups (Assisted)||9/9 (18)||1:00||0:15|
|Dips (Assisted)||20/21 (41)||1:00||0:15|
|Swiss Ball Leg Curl|
I like this workout for a couple of reasons.
- It's fast. Each circuit only takes 10 minutes.
- It's comprehensive. You get a complete body workout in a very short time.
- It's easy to track improvement. Just shoot for more reps than you were able to complete last time.
- It's functional. These are movements from life, not just stuff some gym rat made up to make your muscles bulge.
- Nearly every movement places demands on the core muscles of the abdomen and lower back.
- It's a good workout for the muscles above the waist that support running.
- These are all body-weight exercises. No special equipment required at home besides a swiss ball. (Dips can be done on a stool. Pull ups... I'm working on that.)
- I managed to keep my heart rate in the 120-130 range through the whole thing, so it's a pretty decent cardio conditioning exercise, too.